Again , La Scala D/A converter proves that an instant classic does not mean a product whose destiny is to become obsolescent, like most of the products in the high-end world.
Now, after the first appearance in the flagship FORMULA dac, the proprietary D/A conversion system developed by AQUA is now available for La Scala MkII dac.
So, our aficionados, who bought La Scala MkII dac before, have now the opportunity to upgrade their unit in order to reach to the revolutionary Optologic D/A conversion system.
The already extraordinary sound quality of this icon is now improved in every aspect: time coherence, microdynamics, timbre, and without losing that magic atmosphere for which La Scala is widely renowned.
La Scala MkII keeps the VALVE / MOSFET hybrid circuitry, with now a pair of selected Telefunken ECC81 tubes - a High-Frequency triode - for its low noise main feature.
Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic DAC
• High performance proprietary FPGA-based digital decoding without digital filter
• Galvanic and magnetic isolations between the FPGA and R2R ladder converter
• Discrete R2R ladder DACs with low noise precision resistors
• Jitter free digital interface AQlink (I2S protocol), uncompromising digital connection to La Diva cd transport
• Zero S/PDIF Jitter design, digital receiver stage PLL (phase locked loop) technology
• High-performance AQ Discrete Regulator (MOSFET, J-FET, BJT) for analog and digital DAC’s power supply
• Valve-Mosfet direct coupling analog stage in pure class-A without negative feedback
• MOSFET Virtual battery circuit for analog anode supply
• Soft-start power up for extended tube life
• etherCON RJ45 (AQlink) input connection, employs CAT6 cable can connect both RJ45 and professional etherCON RJ45
• 2 separate low noise power transformers, one for the analog and one for the digital section
• MODULAR DESIGN with upgradeable multi board system
• Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for tubes
• Fully discrete analog stage, not even a single Op-Amp is used
• Proprietary USB Firmware / driver :
Apple MAC OS - Linux OS : USB asynchronous native support, no need to install drivers software
• Fully upgradeable asynchronous USB module with resolution up to 24 bit and 192 KHz, operates with computers running OSX 10.7 and above, WINDOWS 10 , 8 , 7 and XP ASIO - WASAPI bit perfect high-speed
• Digital phase selector on front panel
• High-quality parts selected for sound quality:
- 105° long life capacitors
- low noise Metal Foil ultra-precision resistors
- double metallized film pulse capacitor
- ultra-fast diodes
- halogen free cables
• Aluminium anti-resonant cabinet with Nextel
• Designed and handmade in Italy
- etherCON RJ45 AQlink (I2S serial bus) - 24 bit / 384 KHz
- AES/EBU balanced 110 ohm - 24 bit / 192 KHz
- BNC coax (S/PDIF) 75 ohm - 24 bit / 192 KHz
- RCA coax (S/PDIF) 75 ohm - 24 bit / 192 KH
- USB port - USB port - 24 bit / 384 KHz - DSD/64 & DSD/128
- AT&T (ST Fiber) - 24 bit / 192 KHz (optional)
• Analog output:
- RCA single-ended
- XLR balanced with transformer
- 6moons.com "Blue Moon Award"
- 6moons.com "The Publisher’s Year’s Favourites 2014"
- Digital Audio Review "DAR's Favourite Bits of 2014"
- The Ear "5 Stars"