Order now and get a FREE LessLoss Firewall 1X Module!
Fidelizer has been improving computer audio solutions for audiophiles since 2012. After successfully solving digital audio problems in audiophile and pro market worldwide, it’s time to launch our first physical product “Nimitra”, the cherished dream for audiophiles.
Coming from an audiophile who searched for highend computer audio sources before, Nimitra is a computer audio server that you can truly enjoy the music as highend sources and easy to use as plug and play product.
It’s a lesson from interacting with Fidelizer customers who has no computer background before. With data from researching and developing a few local products in Thailand, Nimitra is the result of trials and errors as ultimate turnkey streaming audio solutions.
Nimitra provides outstanding sound quality and convenience as a turnkey device based on JPLAY/Asset uPNP ready to serve to any device. There’s no need for device installation or software configuration so no monitor, keyboard and mouse required. You can simply power on and music!
Nimitra can work as a music server by connecting USB storage and USB DAC, join the device with your network, and browse for your music collection using Linn Kazoo or any uPNP application of your choice.
Nimitra can act as a library server in place of NAS by connecting USB storage, join the device with your network, and stream audio to network players. It also supports DSD streaming and Internet Radio too.
Nimitra can transform any conventional USB DAC into Network Player by connecting USB DAC, join the device with your network, and stream audio to Nimitra as Roon ready and HQPlayer NAA device.
You can control Nimitra by using uPNP remote control software in the following platform below:
Windows: Kazoo, Kinsky, foobar2000 + foo_upnp
Mac: Kazoo, Kinsky
iOS: Kazoo, Kinsky, mconnect player (TIDAL Support)
Android: Kazoo, Kinsky, BubbleuPNP (TIDAL Support)
Nimitra is open platform so you can also install RoonServer as headless music server, apply room correction with Dirac processor, install J River to use digital volume control with JRemote. For first time users, you can use Nimitra like this.
1. Download and install Linn Kazoo app.
2. Connect USB DAC/Player to black USB port and external USB hard drive to top blue USB port on Nimitra’s back panel.
3. Power on Nimitra and wait until you hear “Fidelizer Nimitra is ready”.
4. Join WiFi “Nimitra” with password “fidelizer”.
5. Open Linn Kazoo and play music.
If you want to make any changes to Nimitra, we can also assist you with Teamviewer’s remote support for software configuration.
Affordable yet uncompromised
Fidelizer already does fantastic job as software solution so building Nimitra music server will be something that can be used as a reference for future models in computer audio industry. It all started with the design for the best product and see how to make affordable ones without breaking its principles.
With over 10 years experimenting about computer audio, the best designed for computer audio machine should follow these principles below:
- No moving part – Moving part causes vibration affecting the accuracy of electricity’s transmission.
- Low power consumption – The best way to reduce pollution is to consume less power not adding more filters/isolators.
- Resonance control for chassis – It’s often overlooked in digital audio but resonance of chassis affect digital audio a lot too.
As a result, the finished hardware design has the following specifications:
- Fanless machine – No fan, no vibration from fan and no noise pollution in listening room.
- mPCIe SSD for OS storage – No moving part, no vibration and no data/power cable for signal degrading.
- Intel Celeron J1900 2.0GHz CPU – Quad core, low power consumption but powerful enough with 2MB L2 Cache.
- Kingston DDR3L 4GB Memory – It’s a hard decision between lower CL with DDR3 or lower voltage with DDR3L but lower voltage is better.
- Direct 12VDC input power supply – Feeding power directly to the board reduces noise and pollution inside.
- 3.5mm aluminium alloy frame – It also comes with only 3 pieces having less frequency shift with audio-grade isolating feet.
- Built-in WiFi/Bluetooth – You can setup WiFi and Bluetooth speakers to use with music server platform.
From long research, this is the best hardware design that can compete all computer sources in market today regardless of the price. People believe getting powerful processor will improve sound quality but that’s not necessarily true since it also increases pollution and interference.
Direct support with Teamviewer
For audiophiles without computer knowledge, it’s very important to have remote access for cases like installing drivers for new devices after purchasing Nimitra. You don’t have to worry about being left behind after purchasing Nimitra with Teamviewer access built-in for professional support.
Fidelizer Nimitra Computer Audio Server/Streamer/Network Player
- CPU: Intel Celeron J1900 Quad Core 2.0GHz
- Memory: 4GB DDR3L
- USB: 5 x USB 2.0 / 1 x USB 3.0
- Connectivity: LAN / WiFi / Bluetooth / HDMI / VGA
- Supported formats*: AAC, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, APE, ASF, ASX, BWF, CDA, DFF, DSF, FLAC, M2A, M4A, M4B, MP+, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPA, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MPGA, MPP, MPX, OGA, OGG, RADIO, W64, WASAPI, WAV, WMA, WMV, WV, WVX
- Power input: 12VDC with 2.5mm DC jack
- Power supply: 12V 5A switching 100-240V 50/60Hz (PSU upgrade is coming soon)
- Dimension: 225(W) x 44(H) x 200(D) mm
- Weight: 1.8kg
- * for streaming from built-in Asset uPNP library server with DSD64 support. JPLAY Streamer accepts only WAV and TIDAL streaming