A Versatile Affordable SE Solution!
The MB30SE is a versatile high quality very simple mono block amplifier for Full Range and medium sensitivity speakers.
Using only 2 audio valves it has excellent bandwidth with the best qualities of SE* without the disadvantages of flabby bass, hum and low power that many designs suffer.
Now updated for the new Tung-sol KT150, a superb valve with ideal qualities for this “old world” task. Chosen for its all-round qualities and good power, the KT150 offers a great deal more than vintage triodes like the 300B which will only deliver 9W SE. The heart of a good Single Ended amplifier is the output transformer. Our specially developed Low Distortion Tertiary transformers allow the KT150 to really “sing” without constriction giving wide bandwidth and dynamics with excellent detail.
The MB30 is optimised for Triode as well as UL operation. 18 Watts being ample for most situations. Especially with our new “Full Range M” speakers and other designs such as Lowther and Fostex being ideal. But recognising that there are many speakers that require more power. The MB30 works very well in “Ultralinear” mode allowing the full potential of the KT150 to work its magic.
Designed to be used either with an active or passive pre amplifier, or direct from a single source such as our PS1 or PS3.
The “easy bias” meters ensure that that amplifier is giving its best performance and also gives an indication of output power used. Very useful when you may need to know if you are likely approach the maximum available power.
Icon Audio MB 30SE Mono Blocks (Pair)
Specifications and Features
- 100% Pure Class A output power
- Class A, all Triode front end
- Valve rectifier, GZ34/5AR4
- Output power Triode (18W). Ultralinear (30W)
- Oversized choke regulated power supply
- 1x KT150 output valve
- 1x 6SN7 (CV181) double triode driving valve
- All hand wired point to point
- Signal to noise level -86db
- Freq resp 20 – 20kHz +0 –0.8db 45kHz -3db(8w)
- THD typically less than 0.5% 1khz (8w)
- 4 & 8 ohm loudspeaker taps
- Low feedback design (no feedback on high gain)
- Solen/SCR hi fi audio capacitors, Jensen upgrade
- Silver plated copper PTFE audio cable
- Tertiary winding output transformers
- Big custom wound PSU Choke
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
- 330mv (high) & 925mv (low) input sensitivity.
- 220/240volts 85w approx (each)
- C E, ROHS FCC
- Size 16cmW, 38D, 23H, 12kg ea
- Packed 44cm x 25cm x 32cm 13kg 2 boxes
Typical values @ 235v AC (Specifications subject to change)