The Worlds First KT150 Power Amplifier For The New Tung Sol KT150 Valve
Getting the best out of this super new valve
One of their best-selling power amplifiers offering excellent all round value in terms of power, quality and specification. Designed around the superb new Tung Sol KT150 or KT120. Our specially designed LDT transformers get the best out of both valves. As a “modern” design it is at the cutting edge of what is possible from high end valve amplifiers. In this case a heavy duty individual power supply. The venerable “Leak” inspired driver circuit updated to match the performance of the KT150 and our in-house designed output transformers with our unique design of Tertiary (balanced) windings. The hi fi press has been unanimous with praise for the MB90 and ST60 (integrated) design.
Designed for modern less efficient speakers this amplifier gives a fast yet very smooth musical quality to the high power available, making them very versatile in their application.
Pure Triode mode has equal emphasis here. Customer feedback indicates that 80% of customers listen to Triode mode most of the time. The sonic characteristics of the KT150 are a little fluid and warmer when used in this way. The MB90 is a very cost effective way of getting a large 60 watts Triode output without the expense of large Triode valves. This is an ideal replacement for a larger transistor amplifier for someone wanting a more easy listening presentation.
The combination of medium/low feedback, Triode/UL and 4/8 ohms output means that a wide range of pre-amps, speakers and room conditions may be accommodated.
Icon Audio MB 90 MK II M (Pair)
Specifications and Features
- Comprehensive manual supplied
- All hand wired point to point
- Class A, all Triode front end
- Output Ultralinear (110W) or Triode (60W) switchable*
- 4x KT120 matched valves (per pair)
- 2x 6SL7 2x 6SN7 driving valves (per pair)
- Signal to noise level -90db
- Frequency response 20hz-20kHz +0 – 0.5db
- THD typically less than 0.1% 1khz
- 4 & 8 ohm loudspeaker taps
- Beautiful valve cover included in the price
- SCR hi fi audio capacitors
- Silver plated pure copper PTFE audio cable
- Tertiary winding output transformers
- Big custom wound PSU with Choke
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
- 450mv (high) & 950mv (low) input sensitivity.
- 230/240volts 200watts approx
- Consumption: 38w standby, 88w quiescent, 200w Max
- C E, ROHS
Size in mm W200, D500, H220 (222 inc cover), 21kg each