The MFV 3 std is based upon the MFV 3 super and offers very similar performance at a sharper price point.
Their formula is deceptively simple!
Take a well designed solid cabinet, add the best possible drive units and “tune” the system as a whole until you arrive at the sonic signature required. Not forgetting to use valve amplifiers for the design and listening tests.
A well designed efficient loudspeaker with a more constant impedance will give vastly improved performance in terms of volume level, special image and more solid controlled bass.
A simple yet effective crossover ensures that the signal transfer from the amplifier has the minimum impact in order that the amplifier can “see” the speaker drive units clearly without excessive distortion.
Icon Audio valve amplifiers have a reputation for excellent performance and build quality, but we are aware that they are not always matched to ideal loudspeakers thereby not optimising the sound.
The ease of driving means that as little as 15 watts will achieve an excellent volume ideal for large orchestral works in a large room.
The MFV 3 MKIII is also an ideal partner to lower powered SE valve, transistor or hybrid amplifiers. 300B 9w SE amplifiers for example have a breathtaking immediacy and dynamics.
Icon Audio MFV3 MkIII “Made for Valves” Loudspeakers
• Slim front profile only 23cm wide (8.25in)
• Small footprint for their size
• Designed for valve amps of around 9w to 90w
• Designed in Leicester UK
• Ported for extended bass performance
• High 92 db sensitivity
• Easy to drive load
• Simple crossover for and easy driving
• Audiophile inductors and poly prop caps
• D’Appolito based design
• Long grain loudspeaker quality MDF for minimum cabinet colouration
• Dark Rosewood vinyl finish
• Supplied complete with spikes
• Shielded magnets for minimum magnetic field
• Supplied with attractive front cover
• 20kg. each W 23cm. H 107cm. D 29cm
Specification subject to change.