At the Optimum’s core are three silver plated Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) copper conductors, with each conductor strand being of a square configuration for tighter bunching. The OCC offers a vastly superior level of purity with outstanding electrical conductivity, improved flexibility, resistance to fatigue and corrosion.
A high quality FEP provides a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. The three conductors are given a slight rotational twist to aid RFI and EMI rejection, and are then surrounded by a cotton filler which give internal strength and reduce microphony. The whole construction is enclosed in a Mylar wrap to provide an additional dielectric buffer, before applying an active OFC shield for maximum rejection of high frequency interference. A durable PVC outer jacket gives a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
CONSTRUCTION: The conductors are in a parallel configuration with a slight rotational twist. This established technique remains the first line of defence against RFI and EMI rejection.
- Conductors: 3.0sqmm silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast copper conductors offer a vastly superior level of purity compared with traditional OFC. Each conductor strand is of an innovative square-shaped configuration. The geometry and metallurgy used in this construction offers superb performance with extremely impressive electrical conductivity.
- Dielectric: Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is chemically inert and has a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. FEP possesses a very high degree of stress crack resistance and a low coefficient of friction making it an exceptional dielectric. FEP is the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.
- Filler: Cotton filler has been used to give the cable internal strength and reduce microphony. Cotton also possesses excellent dielectric properties, the best of any solid material.
- Wrap: A Mylar wrap is used to secure the construction and offer a barrier shield prior to the application of a flexible PVC jacket. The addition of the Mylar and cotton form a buffer with the PVC so as to maintain exceptional dielectric properties.
- Shield: An earthed OFC shield insures maximum RFI rejection, thus preventing common mode noise affecting the live and neutral conductors.
- Jacket: PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
TERMINATION: The Optimum cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke audiophile-grade connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold-plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.
IsoTek Optimum (2.0m) Power Cable (C7, C15, C19)
Conductor Size 3 x 3.0sqmm (square conductor strands) Conductor Material Silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast Copper Dielectric Flourinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) Filler Cotton PVC Barrier Mylar Outer Jacket High flexibility PVC Cable Power Rating 30Amp Cable Length 2.0m standard (custom lengths available) Outer Diameter 12.5mm Termination 24ct gold plated audiophile-grade connectors Suitability Optimum is a high quality power cable that can substantially upgrade CD players, preamps, tuners, power ams, Blu-ray players, music servers, TVs, soundbars and more!