Metrum Pavane NOS DAC
With that goal of creating a very special DAC that exceeds the now legendary Hex.
The designer Cees Ruijtenberg worked the past year and developed the new Pavane DAC. It was an unprecedented challenge technically, the goal eventually achieved by using an entirely new chip developed exclusively by Metrum Acoustics.
Behind the luxurious front more than new chips are concealed:
The parallel driven R2R ladder networks as used in the eight DAC modules performs , especially when combined with our FPGA-driven "forward correction module", on a higher level. This module splits up the audio samples for each channel into new separate data streams. Each DAC cluster processes a portion of the data in the most linear region of the DAC chips. The result of this process is an extremely high linearity, right down to -140 dB, which gives the Pavane a realistic 24-bit dynamic range. Due to the dual mono design over the entire frequency range an extremely high channel separation of 120 dB was achieved. This contributes to the flawless positioning of instruments.
In short, the Pavane is a DAC that has taken all the lessons and experiences that her designer has learned over the years, and combined them in an ambitious DAC that can fit in every system. It is musical, honours the Non-oversampling principle while simultaneously incorporating the technological progress that has been made over the years.
The Pavane is available in black or silver. The used top panel is a sandwich of steel and 4 millimetres of tempered black coated glass, which gives the Pavane very distinctive 'Meridian' like look. Built with a double well-damped frame and will avoid vibrations due to the use of bituminous material. Around this strong body, beautifully shaped aluminium panels are used to make it even stronger.
As standard, a remote control is provided for control of the available digital inputs.
Metrum Acoustics Pavane
- Working Principle: Non oversampling dac. Forward (FPGA) corrected, 4 Dacs pro channel in differential mode.
- Power: 45 VA via 3 separated torodial transformers.
- Mains voltage: 110/115V AC 220/230V AC 60/50Hz
- Inputs: 1x optical, 2x coaxial (1x BNC and 1x RCA). AES/EBU and USB
- Outputs: 2x RCA Neutrik © cinch connectors. 2x XLR balanced output. XLR: 4 Volts RMS
- Output voltages: RCA 2 Volts RMS. XLR: 4 Volts RMS
- Frequency Responce: 1Hz - 20 khz -2.5 dB. 44.1 kHz sampling.
- Distortion: 1Hz - 65 kHz - 3dB .192 and 384kHz (USB)
- Noise: 0.01 % THD, -145 dB related to 2 Volt RMS
- Output Impedance: RCA 100 Ohm. XLR 200 Ohm
- Sampling Rate: Optical 44.1 - 96 kHz sampling rate. Coax and AES/EBU: 44.1 -192 kHz . USB 44.1 - 384kHz sampling rate
- Dimensions: 440 x 320 x 85 mm.
- Weight: 10 kg.