Mytek Manhattan II DAC
The Manhattan II design uses the same chassis, same power supply, and front panel circuits as the original Manhattan. It uses a completely new, redesigned main board.
This offers a substantial sound quality upgrade. Significantly better detail and resolution, and state of the art transparent analogue preamplifier performance.
Original Manhattan owners are encouraged to upgrade to Manhattan II for a very reasonable upgrade fee. Upgrade includes replacement of the motherboard and will be performed in the US by Mytek Brooklyn office, in Europe, by Mytek Warsaw office and overseas by authorized Mytek dealer. Please contact Mytek via online tech support system for more details.
New Manhattan II features include :
- World's highest performance 130dB Sabre 9038 DAC chipset.
- 32 bit integer Class 2 USB2 driverless audio interface
- World class transparent analogue preamp attenuators
- Roon Ready optional network card
- MQA ® hardware decoder
- Improved optional phono preamplifier card
- New, easy to navigate menu system
Mytek Manhattan II DAC
- CONVERSION: PCM up to 384k, 32bit, MQA ®, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range.
- MQA Hi-Res DECODER: built in certified hardware MQA ® decoder
- DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT, 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- ANALOG INPUTS: RCA Line In switchable to Phono with Optional Phono Card insterted, second pair of RCA Line In, third pair XLR Balanced Line In. Analog inputs are router through minimalpath state of the art analog attenuator directly to analog and headphone outputs.
- ANALOG OUTPUTS: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, 0 Ohm out impedance. Dual headphone jacks, designed to drive demanding headphones. Balanced operation w/optional Mytek adapter.
- BUILT-IN ATTENUATOR: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator for main out and headphones, 1dB step digital 32bit attenuator or purist relay bypass.
- CLOCK: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator (tm)” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
- AUDIO RECORDING FUNCTION FOR DIGITAL SOURCES: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
- REMOTE: Included, universal remote capable
- FIRMWARE: Upgradable via USB Control Panel App (Win and Mac)
- OPTIONAL PRECISION PHONO ANALOG PREAMP CARD: High End M/M, M/C Phono Preamplifier with custom nickel core step up transformer , relay switchable and tunable. Input impedances, transformer ratio, RIAA curves and choice of gain can be changed within the menu or using the remote via relay switches. Optional card is sold separately and is user installable.
- OPTIONAL "ROON READY" NETWORK/Wi-Fi CARD: Turns the Manhattan II into network streamer with 24/192k andDSD64 maximum throughput. Compatible w/ Roon, Airplay, DLNA/UpnP, Spotify Connect, IOS, Android
- POWER SUPPLY: Switchable 115/230VAC (100V Japanese version available)
- DIMENSIONS: WxDxH=17"x10.5"x1.95"=432x267x50mm
- WEIGHT: 16lbs, 8kg
- WARRANTY: 2 years
- Femto Clock Technology
- Mytek's new Femto Clock that's incorporated into our C777 Clocking architecture pushes jitter and the noise floor below measurable levels
- Highest Resolution Support
- Modern high resolution audio formats support for PCM 32 bit, 384 kHz DXD to Quad DSD256, 11.2 MHz.
- Discrete Analogue & Digital Power Supplies
- Two separate isolated power supplies for the analogue and digital stages that lower noise and crosstalk while increasing power and consistency.