The new 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable! The 2M Series of cartridges from Ortofon have been designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Indeed, it is Ortofon's lasting philosophy to only ever play the recorded sound, without colouration. The pre-existing range of 2M cartridges have rapidly been established as a reference point for all good moving magnet cartridges. From the introductory Red, through to the high-end Black; 2M is now a go-to name in moving magnet technology. 2012 sees Ortofon open up new markets within the same design principle of 2M. The 2M 78 and 2M Mono offer users of older, rare vinyl a higher-quality playback medium than had previously been available.
The 2M 78 features an improved True Mono engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy, as well as expertly cut Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm records (which require a larger stylus profile).
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms
- Optimised sound reproduction and high level of sonic accuracy
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile
- Uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins
- Stylus brush included
- Also available as headshell mount or verso version
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
- Weight 16.9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
Hi-Fi World, April 2013 - 5 Globes
Ortofon 2M 78 MKII
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 4mV Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20Hz - 22kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: +3 / -1dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: Typically 70μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 18μm / mN Stylus Type: Spherical Stylus Tip Radius R: 65μm Tracking Force Range: 1.6 - 2.0g (16 - 20mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 1.8g (18mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 700Ω Internal Inductance: 300mH Recommended Load Resistance: 47kΩ Recommended Load Capacitance: 150 - 300pF Cartridge Colour Body / Stylus: Black / Grey Weight: 23g