Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
The Quintet Black S is graced with a Nude Shibata diamond, considered one of the best stylus profiles available, mounted on a high-performance sapphire cantilever. The Shibata’s slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the walls of the groove and ensures detailed and pure reproduction through out the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove details.
The Quintet Black S is unfettered by musical genre and will give the closest approach within the Quintet series to Ortofon’s true accuracy in sound.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
- Light weight and durable cartridge body made from a special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
- Produces detailed and pure reproduction though-out the spectrum, volume and soundstage
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers
- Supplied with 2 screws (M2.5 x 5)
- Nude Shibata stylus profile
- Nude Fine Line stylus profile
Hi-Fi Choice, July 2017 - Recommended
Hi-Fi World, January 2015 - Award
Ortofon MC Black S
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.3mV Channel Balance at 1kHz: <1.0dB Channel Separation at 1kHz: >23dB Channel Separation at 15kHz: >15dB Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 25 kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 1.5dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 80μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN Stylus Type: Nude Shibata Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 6 / 50μm Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 5Ω Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Alu. Coil Wire Material: Aucurum Cartridge Colour: Black Cartridge Weight: 9g