Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
The Quintet Blue is a very homogeneous cartridge whose sound image will tend to more smooth reproduction compared to Quintet Red and moderate dynamic strength compared to Quintet Bronze.
It features a Nude Elliptical diamond mounted on an aluminium cantilever. The Quintet Blue will bring more space, depth and detail into the sound and is a very good choice for any kind of music, especially rhythmic.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
- Light weight and durable cartridge body made from a special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
- Delivers more space, depth and detail into the sound and is a very good choice for any kind of music, especially rhythmic
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers
- Supplied with 2 screws (M2.5 x 5)
- Nude Elliptical stylus profile
Hi-Fi CHoice, October 2014 - Group Test Winner
Hi-Fi News, December 2014 - Outstanding Product
What Hi-Fi?, July 2019 - 5 stars
Ortofon MC Quintet Blue
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.5mV Channel Balance at 1kHz: <1.5dB Channel Separation at 1kHz: >21dB Channel Separation at 15kHz: >14dB Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 25 kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 2.5dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 70μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 8 / 18μm Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 7Ω Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Alu. Cartridge Colour: Blue Cartridge Weight: 9g