Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
The slim profile of its Nude Fine Line diamond stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear. The MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very even handed way that pays respect to all elements. Classical music will be reproduced with power and open space around every instrument. All types of music will be expressed with the highest accuracy, precision and dynamics.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
- Light weight and durable cartridge body made from a special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
- Evenhanded sound with respect to all aspects
- Classical music is reproduced with power and open space around each instrument
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers
- Supplied with 2 screws (M2.5 x 5)
- Nude Fine Line stylus profile
Hi-Fi World, August 2014 - 4 Globes
Ortofon MC Quintet Bronze
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.3mV Channel Balance at 1kHz: <1.2dB Channel Separation at 1kHz: >23dB Channel Separation at 15kHz: >15dB Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 25 kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 1.5dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 80μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 8 / 40μm Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 5Ω Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Alu. Cartridge Colour: Bronze Cartridge Weight: 9g