Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
It features Nude Elliptical r/R 8/18μm stylus that is a good solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records. The Quintet Mono will track perfectly through even worn and damaged records and ensure the surface noise control. Quintet Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
Quintet Mono is the best cartridge in the Quintet series to play monophonic records.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
- Light weight and durable cartridge body made from a special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
- A true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers
- Supplied with 2 screws (M2.5 x 5)
- Nude Elliptical stylus profile
Ortofon MC Quintet Mono
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.3mV Channel Balance at 1kHz: - Channel Separation at 1kHz: - Channel Separation at 15kHz: - Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20Hz - 25kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 2.0dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 70μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 8 / 18μm Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 5Ω Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Alu. Cartridge Colour: White Cartridge Weight: 9g