Ortofon QUINTET Red MC Cartridge
• Lightweight and durable cartridge body
• Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
• An all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
The Quintet Red features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s high standards. This entry-level MC cartridge has a very high-performance standard and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges. MC Quintet Red delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
- Lightweight and durable cartridge body made from a special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output
- An all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers
- Supplied with 2 screws (M2.5 x 5)
- Elliptical stylus profile
To find the right cartridge for your system, view Ortofon’s Guide about Everything you need to know about Phono Cartridges.
Ortofon QUINTET Red
Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.5mV Channel Balance at 1kHz: <1.5dB Channel Separation at 1kHz: >21dB Channel Separation at 15kHz: >14dB Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 25 kHz Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 2.5dB Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 65μm Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN Stylus Type: Elliptical Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 6 / 50μm Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN) Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN) Tracking Angle: 20º Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 7Ω Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Alu. Cartridge Colour: Red Cartridge Weight: 9g