The Pro-Ject Debut S/E3 is an impressive continuation of Pro-Ject's ongoing philosophy of high-quality Hi-Fi at an affordable price. The Debut S/E3 takes the established design of the iconic Debut III turntable, but innovates and improves on almost every aspect to make an even better deck with a fantastic sound.
The UK-exclusive Debut S/E3 effectively became a bridge product, which helped turn the Debut III into the even more successful Debut Carbon. However, because of the amazing price of the Debut S/E3, it still warrants its own place in the range today.
Compared to the standard Debut III, the Debut S/E3 boasts an improved cosmetic; with its high-gloss platter and larger 12" metal platter. Around the motor, the Debut S/E3 was also the first to use Pro-Ject's innovative decoupling motor blobs, which effectively absorb and eliminate motor vibrations before they can interfere with the music. The Debut S/E3 tonearm is the same as on the standard Debut III, but the improved sapphire bearings and pre-installed Ortofon OM 10 Super cartridge allow for an even better performance than ever before. Finally, the introduction of a junction box on the back panel means as you improve the turntable further with upgrades, you can also improve your all-important cables.
The Debut S/E3 truly represents an enviable combination of sound quality and affordability. Like all other Debut models before and since, it really is an icon in its own right.
- Pre-Fitted with an OM 10 Super cartridge
- Full-size 12" platter for ultimate record hold
- Improved bearing set compared to original Debut III arm
- Improved motor suspension system compared to original Debut III
- Unique rounded drive belt reduces resonant forces transferring to the sub-platter
- Rear mounted junction box allowing for upgrade of turntable interconnects.