The Essential III SB is part of Pro-Ject Audio Systems' affordable turntable concept series. The Essential III FlexiRange allows you to pick exactly which turntable is right for your personal system, without wasting money on unnecessary features for your need.
All models in the FlexiRange are based on the standard Essential III turntable. From the high-quality, acoustically neutral, high-gloss MDF plinth and platter, through the premium bearing and decoupling feet, all the way onto the aluminium tonearm, Ortofon OM 10 cartridge and 9V asynchronous motor; the
Essential III is a proven performer that’s more than justified its 5 Star rating from What Hi-Fi? magazine.
The Essential III SB takes all the advantages of the standard Essential III, but adds an automatic speed control and cable junction box, for improved convenience and enhanced upgrade possibilities.
The neatly integrated speed control function on the Essential III SB is operated by a simple push button on top of the plinth, using an improved version of the motor generation system found in the standard Essential III. This advanced motor control system ensures a clean power supply to the motor, reducing resonance and unwanted noise; so the Essential III SB can still deliver a lively, balanced and highly involving sound that will delight every vinyl lover.
Like all models in the Essential III FlexiRange, the Essential III SB is available in a high-gloss red, white or black finish.
- High quality MDF gloss-wrapped platter
- Belt drive mechanism with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor
- Integrated motor control with DC power supply secures silent running
- Push-button switching between 33 and 45rpm
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- 8.6" aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Factory fitted Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- RCA junction box for easy cable upgrades
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- Lid included