Sennheiser HD800 features an all new design that takes you another step closer to personal audio perfection and the quest for the ultimate audible fidelity. These authentic, open, circumaural and dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference level audio is all about.
You will find a new height of sonic perspective as you experience a high-fidelity natural hearing experience. No other manufacturer has currently come up as close as the HD800 in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing.
More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied into the HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these headphones' offer reference-grade audio performance from their striking and visually effective industrial design.
HD800 headphones are made in Germany using premium grade materials - the transducer is encased by a precision material made of stainless steel. The ear pads are handcrafted from a high-quality microfiber fabric, meaning the headphones are comfortable to wear and easy to maintain.
The headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced development from the aerospace industry. In terms of connectivity, these headphones utilise specially-designed, four-wire, high-performance connections with Teflon insulation. HD800 are truly a glorious success and a pioneer in headphone development.
- New reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience realistic sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today
- New innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
Sennheiser HD 800
Nominal impedance: 300 Ohm
Contact pressure: 3.4N (±0.3N)
Weight w/o cable: 330g
Jack plug: 6.3 mm stereo
Transducer principle: open, dynamic
Ear coupling: circumaural
Cable length: 3m
Frequency Response: 6 - 51,000Hz (-10dB)
Frequency Response: 14 - 44,100Hz (-3dB)
Sound pressure level: 102dB (1kHz/1Vrms)
Total H Distortion: <0.02% (1kHz/1Vrms)