SOtM sNI-1G Network Card
There are already a number of network audio devices on the market, but it would be fair to say that none of them have Ethernet ports designed for audio purposes.
When USB audio devices were first available on the market (more than 10 years ago) there were many questions about the practicality of audio purpose USB cables or products like the USB host card. It’s probably because people thought that the digital interface only transmits data represented by 0s and 1s. However, these audio purpose USB products are now the basis of digital audio systems, and the audio purpose network card, sNI-1G, will also play an indispensable and important role in the digital audio network.
There is high-frequency noise flowing from network ports, often more than you'd imagine. Since it is noise of very high frequency components, it passes through various devices and parts to the DAC’s circuit, and results in the deterioration of sound quality. Without understanding this process, it would be difficult to understand why you should use the network card to improve your audio system.
Although noise from the AC power line is more commonly known, there is also noise coming from the Ethernet port which is different from that of the AC power—so careful technical review is required for the Ethernet port.
This carefully reviewed network port, sNI-1G, provides a complete transmission of network audio streaming, as well as a very clear improvement in medium-to-low transparency, the instrument’s texture, and wide-to-deep stage expression, enabling you to experience a completely new level of sound.
The sound quality improvement achieved using the sNI-1G network card cannot be compared to a trick that is simply achieved by replacing interface cables or by one or two parts. This is because it is designed by combining deep computer system knowledge and circuit technology with digital and analog audio, which is why sNI-1G is essential for all network audio systems.
Enjoying and understanding music can be done with not the best sound quality, but with a typical network audio device. However, music playing through the sNI-1G, which is able to perform the best sound quality through network audio system, will give you a sense of joy and will enable you to feel the full depth of the music.
Key features >>>>>>>
• PCIe Ethernet chip set
• Internal power input
• Internal standby power
• External power input
• Display LED
• OS support: Windows 7 or higher, Linux
SOtM sNI-1G Network Card
PCI express Ethernet chip set
• Supports PCI express 1.1 or higher
• Supports 10/100/1000M, Giga Lite(500M) mode
• Supports Always On Always Connected
• Clock-less Wake-On-LAN
• Fully compliant with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
• Supports IEEE 802.1P layer 2 Priority Encoding
• Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
• Supports IEEE 802.3az-2010(EEE)
• Supports Full Duplex flow control(IEEE 802.3x)
Internal power input
• Input power: +12.0V(+0.5V, -0.5V), 1A max 15pin
SATA power connector
Internal standby power input
• Input power: +6.0V to +12V, 0.5A max 2pin connector
External power input
• Input voltage: +6.5V ~ +12Vdc
• Input current: 1A max 5.5mm OD,
2.1mm ID DC adaptor jack
• 2 pin header connectors for connecting external power
to other internal devices
• Active(Green), 100M(Yellow), 1000M(Amber)
• LED On – Off jumper for reducing noise
Designed for high end network audio
• Separate Ethernet transformer and common mode filter
for each signal line for best noise immunity performance
• Ethernet noise filter down to audio band.
• Filtered and buffered M.2 signal interface between
PC motherboard for blocking noise from mother board
• Operating temperature : 0°C ~ 40°C
• Storage temperature : -10°C ~ +50°C
• Operating & storage humidity : 10% ~ 90%
• Windows 7 or higher version