"At the under $2000 price point, the new low output Soundsmith Zephyr MIMIC Star is an overachiever that gives you a glimpse of the best in terms of non-mechanical, artifact-free performance..." - Michael Fremer / analogplanet.com
Recently, Peter Ledermann decided to see if he could stretch the limits of the MIMC's performance even higher without stretching past the $2k price point ... little did any of us know how far he would be able to take it!
The updated Zephyr MIMC ☆ DEMS smashes through sonic barriers with its new laser-drilled Sapphire cantilever and select nude Contact-Line diamond stylus!
This is probably the most important Soundsmith model to have in your arsenal. It brings an astounding portion of the performance available only in our top-level low output cartridges.
Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC ☆ New DEMS model
- Cartridge Type: Fixed Coil
- Output: High
- Available As Dual Coil Mono: Yes
- Stylus: Selected Contact Line low mass Nude Stylus
- Radius of curvature: 6 x 17 μm
- Cantilever:Laser Drilled Sapphire
- Recommended tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 grams
- Effective tip mass: 0.32 mg
- Compliance: 10 μm/mN (low compliance)
- Frequency response: 15-45,000 Hz ± 2.0 dB
- Channel separation (stereo only): 1000 Hz >28 dB, 50-15,000 >25 dB
- Channel difference: <1.0 dB (Stereo), <0.5 dB (Dual Mono operation- w/optimal VTF setting)
- Output Voltage: ≥0.4 mV
- DC Resistance (DCR): 10-11 Ω each channel
- Coil: 2.75 mH each channel
- Suggested Preamp Gain: 58-64 dB
- Soundsmith Recommends: MCP2 Variable Loading Preamp
- Cartridge weight: 10.25 grams
- Loading: ≥ 470 Ω