The Ampzilla 2000 Second Edition embodies state-of-the-art execution of a monoblock power amplifier. On the muscle side, the Ampzilla uses twelve 250-watt output devices and a 2000VA custom designed and built transformer for each monoblock. As well, each monoblock has 100,000µf of power supply filtering with dual rectification. Utilizing a completely new variation of our Forward Gain topology to achieve unprecedented improvements in linearity, the new circuit is so smooth that it can actually be listened to open loop without feedback.
The Ampzilla 2000 Second Edition is conservatively rated at 300 watts into 8Ω. With this much power, a pair can drive the most demanding speaker loads to thunderous levels as deftly as they can whisper the most delicate notes from higher sensitivity speakers.
The entire circuit is fully balanced from input to output and includes a unique new unbalanced-to-balanced converter for single-ended inputs. The captive industrial-grade 12 gauge power cord is selected specifically for the Ampzilla and is welded on for maximum conductivity and security, eliminating the hassle or expense of aftermarket cords. The Ampzilla 2000 Second Edition also sports a second set of binding posts for bi-wiring or -amplification. In sum, this proficient powerhouse is likely the last amplifier you’ll likely ever need.
SST Ampzilla 2000 Second Ed. Mono-Block Amplifier
- The entire amplifier circuit (except the power output stages) is contained on one main drive card which also contains the input jacks. This ensures that the amplifier is upgradeable with future circuit improvements
- 100% stable at any load angle 0-90 degrees, capacitive or inductive, regardless of wave shape
- Extremely capable 300 watts into 8Ω
- Fully balanced design
- Protection power switch/circuit breaker
- Four DC power supply fuses with indicators
- All-steel 14 gauge chassis with powder coat finish
- Front panel “Peak”, “Thermal” and “Power” LED indicators
- Turn-on delay and surge relay protection
- Custom-designed power transformers, constructed domestically
- Highest quality gold plated input and output jacks
- Gold plated internal connectors
- Captive 12 gauge power cord with welded connectors