The Oyster Series' premium Moving Magnet cartridge range features four models with a matching aesthetic, all named after a different type of Oyster.
The Moonstone is the "penultimate" model in the range and features a finely polished elliptical stylus for accurate information retrieval from the record groove. Mounted on to a bespoke cantilever, and utilising a smaller magnet than its more affordable siblings, the Moonstone still uses the same integrated body and generator system as its kin, which is designed to significantly reduce internal resonances. The end result is a still affordable high-performance moving magnet cartridge that gives the punch and convincing realism of a good moving magnet design, but with a well-balanced, dimensionally dense and breathtakingly dynamic sonic spectrum that's more relatable to a moving coil-type.
The Moonstone utilises the same cartridge body as the Rainier and Olympia, but is of a different construction to the range-topping Amethyst.
- Moving Magnet cartridge with 0.3 x 0.7 micron Elliptical stylus
- Excellent sound-staging ability, similar to a moving coil-type cartridge
- Low-resonance body and generator system
- Pure copper internal wiring
- Overhead mounting design
- Medium/High output for easy matching to a phono stage
- Easy to set-up and install
- RS Moonstone replacement stylus available
Frequency Response: 12Hz - 33kHz Output Voltage: 3mV @ 1kHz Load Impedance: 47KΩ Channel Seperation: 30dB @ 1kHz Channel Balance: 0.5dB@ 1kHz Stylus Type: Elliptical Compliance: 12x10-6 cm/dyn @100hZ Tracking Force Range: 1.8 - 2.2g Recommended Force: 2.0g Cartridge Weight: 6.5g