Managing all your digital music is no longer a thing of the future. It’s the way to manage your music today and our award-winning Music Server helps you do it easily and efficiently. Just as important, the MS-1 provides the absolute highest quality digital audio for your DAC to process. Reference quality digital outputs include USB (Linux compatibility required) and S/PDIF.
The minute you insert a CD into the tray, our Music Server immediately goes to work ripping your music as high-quality FLAC files (the option to mirror MP3s or as ALAC is also available). Unlike inexpensive boxes that are built on software platforms designed for a work station, our Media servers use software designed solely for digital audio playback of the highest quality. Our entire server’s processing power is devoted solely to music playback and managing your music library.
The MS-1 comes with a 1TB hard drive, offer resolution up to 32/384 kHz (as well as DSD), can be controlled wirelessly with both Apple and Android devices, play internet radio (and great music apps like Pandora) and support drag-and-drop transfer of music from your computer or NAS drive. Consider upgrading to an incredible Solid State Drive for even better performance.
Wyred 4 Sound MS-1 Music Server
- Easy one-time setup
- Wireless control
- Supports up to 24 bit 192kHz files with built-in S/PDIF outputs
- USB output supports up to 32 bit 384kHz and DSD 128
- USB, Coaxial and Toslink digital outputs
- Automatically rip CDs using built-in drive to FLAC format
- Rip DVD's into MKV, mp4, m2ts for streaming
- Network file uploading
- 1TB of on-board storage
- 1GB of memory
- Internet Radio
- 3rd party apps such as Pandora®, MOG, Last.fm and more
- Simple library backup process
- Fan less
- Low power consumption
- Covered by a 3 YEAR WARRANTY
- 2 hours of technical support by phone included, if needed.
Solid State Drive (SSD) upgrade
This is a significant upgrade in sound and reliability. SSDs are superior to their traditional Hard Disk Drive (HDD) counterparts in many ways. Choose this upgrade under 'Select Options' above.
- Choose from either 1 or 2 terabytes
- Solid State Drives have no moving or mechanical parts and feature flash-based memory.
- Shock resistant up to 1500g/0.5ms. Traditional HDDs consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.
- Significant reliability increase. Typical HDDs last 3-5 years. SSD drives can last up to 30 years.
- Up to 100 times greater performance, almost instantaneous data access, quicker boot ups, faster file transfers compared with HDD.
- Much quieter than HDDs.