The DAC-1v2 sports the new ESS Sabre 9026PRO chip, regarded as one of the best price-to-performance DAC chips in the industry. Play high-res PCM files up to 32 bit/384 kHz as well as 4xDSD files via the galvanically isolated USB input. Add to that our proprietary discrete output stages, a hefty, balanced power supply, automatic oversampling for precise output filtering and all the necessary inputs and outputs to accommodate any digital source. The DAC-1v2 is the new standard-bearer for cutting-edge design at an affordable price.
Femto grade clock option (Already included in DAC-2v2 SE model)
Accuracy and overall quality of the master clock are crucial to obtaining optimum sound quality. The standard clock is no slouch but you now have the option to upgrade to the highest grade component available in its class. Implementation of this femto grade clock optimizes audio quality by lowering phase jitter by over 80% as well as greatly reducing phase noise in the digital circuit. Clocks of this grade are typically found in DAC's retailing for $5K or more! The DAC-2v2 SE model comes with this clock standard and for a modest fee you can select the upgraded clock during the checkout process for either the DAC-1v2 or DAC-2v2 models.
Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1v2
- ESS Sabre 9026PRO 32 bit DAC chip
W4S proprietary discrete output stages for optimum sonics
- ESS Time Domain Jitter Eliminator®
- Automatic oversampling for precise output filtering
Asynchronous USB input supports up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DSD up to DSD256
- USB 2.0 compliancy & ASIO 2.2 (Drivers support for Mac and Linux systems)
- USB galvanic isolation
- Fully balanced design with balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Oversized toroidal transformer for solid and noise-free power
- VFD display for input, sample rate and configuration viewing
- 2x Coax inputs
- 2x Toslink inputs
- Proprietary drivers for Windows (no drivers needed for Mac or Linux)
Factory selectable mains 115/230VAC
- Compact size (8.5"W x 4.125"H x 13.5"D)
- 14 lbs.
- Covered by a 5 YEAR WARRANTY