The Aqua "Network Interface"
The new LinQ was created following a precise idea.
Fast and standard technical solutions do not belong to the aqua philosophy.
aqua has developed an extremely streamlined long-life platform and network bridge modules, focused on audio playback functions.
They prefer to use know-how developed in-house, for a number of reasons in respect the aqua SQ standards. This has required a considerable effort in terms of time and resources, but the result is immediately evident on first use.
LinQ is a highly modular device, based on a series of completely independent units.
Each module performs a particular function, for which it is optimized.
Choose from the Roon Ready (RAAT) module or UPnP DLNA streaming module - or both!
Each module has its own dedicated power supply and plugs into a connector on the base platform of the device. In addition to the optimization on the particular function, this architecture guarantees an exceptional possibility of future upgrades.
The communication lines of each module with the network are galvanically isolated. Note that further isolation is guaranteed by the fact that one of the modules is a LAN switch, developed internally by aqua. This is an important point: in fact, during the listening tests, and also in the laboratory ones, we obtained the best results with the use of this architecture with built-in LAN switch.
Always having the sound result as an objective, LinQ does not use a USB interface: the output is on AQlink, the aqua I2S proprietary connection. In this way the "passage" on USB is skipped, avoid any losses in sound quality.
Furthermore, proprietary circuits have been developed in the output FPGA, in order to implement the S/PDIF, AES/EBU and dual-AES outputs.
Aqua LinQ DLNA UPnP
- Proprietary fully-floating hybrid 2-stage Network + FPGA module with proprietary code
- Uncompromising digital interface AQlink PRO (I2S protocol)
- 4 future-proof network protocols (modules). Available now: Roon Ready bridge (RAAT) and UPnP DLNA
- 2 separate low noise C-Core power transformers for network circuitry and digital decoding
- MODULAR DESIGN with upgradeable multi board platform
- High-quality parts
- n. 1 standard RJ-45 connector for the ETHERNET network
- No network configuration is required (DHCP system).
- n. 1 Ethercon RJ-45 connector for the AQlink I2S signal
- n. 2 XLR 110 ohm connectors for the dual-AES/EBU signal (PCM 24 bit 384kHz / DSD128 max)
- n. 1 XLR 110 ohm connector for the AES/EBU signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz / DSD64 max)
- n. 1 BNC 75 ohm connector for the S/PDIF signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz max)
- n. 1 RCA connector for the S/PDIF (IEC-60958) signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz max)
- OLED display with user off-selectable illumination
- RC5 IR remote controller (optional)
- Aluminium anti-resonant cabinet with Nextel
- Designed and handmade in Italy